PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The blessed Margaret ..
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2013, 18:58
Lima Juliet

Received 83 Likes on 34 Posts
RIP Lady Thatcher.

I had the great pleasure to meet you at the Waddington Airshow in 2007 (25 years since Op BLACK BUCK) and even in your twilight years you still had the power to inspire.

I am only sad that we had to lose you to that needleneck John Major who wanted to turn us into a nation of shopkeepers - we can't go around cutting each other's hair!

You brought the country back from the 'Winter of Discontent', you started the Northern Ireland Peace Process, you got the Falklands back from a Junta (although in fairness you should never have left them defenceless), you broke the back of the idiotic Unions (apart from modern idiots like Bob Crowe), you basically delivered a modern Britain to be proud of from a 'Hospital Pass' from Callaghan and a string of other weak individuals.

Yes, you made mistakes (like Poll Tax and some of the privatisation), but they were never outweighed by the good things you did. You showed true leadership, something that David Cameron and his side-kick Nick Clegg could learn from.

God bless you, Ma'am, you are 'True Blue' and I salute you...

LJ

Last edited by Lima Juliet; 8th Apr 2013 at 19:00.