PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Management Course
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2013, 17:10
jdeakin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies to John Deakin, I blame it on a late and very cold night after a long day here in Beijing.
What for? I've read the thread, and can't find anything to get excited about! I must be missing something!
As one poster has noted, forced induction does not solve the problem of lousy intake design,
Good comment, and historically some intake manifolds have been unbalanced. But just for the record, one of the things that came out of the research that led to GAMIjectors is that the intake plumbing on the typical 520/550 and 540 engines by CMI (formerly TCM) and Lycoming are remarkably well-balanced. Once the fuel is taken care of, there's very little else that can be done. There ARE some problems with the TSIOs. George thinks he's got a handle on that, but he's so busy trying to get his fuel (G100UL) approved, everything else is on the back burner.

On that subject, if the FAA will just get out of the way, he'll have a real winner! It will mix well with 100LL, you can fill your storage tank or your airplane with any mix of G100UL and 100LL. It has slightly better performance, and is slightly heavier, a wash. Smells good, too!

(Disclaimer: I am not associated with GAMI, TAT in any way, beyond friendship. George Braly, Walter Atkinson and I are principals in APS.)

Best...
John Deakin