PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request details for Cessna Conquest Storm encounter and severe damage after U/A recov
Old 8th Apr 2013, 13:49
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horatio my friend.

I agree.

Why or is what the rationale for NOT having serviceable radar in high performance aircraft or any aircraft that operates in those or any area prone to CBs escapes me entirely. What chance of "seeing" the danger without one. Your MEL will allow you to get home but under very strict conditions.

A very lucky young man who hopefully was fully chastened.

The other question of course is did the structural damage result from the turbulence or the pilot handling being more aggressive than may have been necessary.

It used to be a requirement, but many idiots in the "industry" convinced CASA it was uneconomic. I.E they couldn't afford it. Really. Another massive CASA contribution to the safety of flight in our nation.

It's a testament to the structural integrity of that type. May I suggest and I will almost certainly start a row that if it had been a KingAir without a Saunders strap or similar there is a very high probability it would have been a smoking hole.

Betamax, "considering the Conquests history with tail problems" ??