PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2013, 10:28
OffshoreSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I must admit to being a bit nervous posting on this thread from my background.

Geriaviator
I read your thread #3322, and I as far as i remember, it's the only one to mention Montrose. I was wondering why you thought your Father's little "incident" happened at Fort George? It's quite along way from Montrose, and if they were testing the system along the coast, it would have made more sense to spray the Pongos at Barry Buddon, which is just down the coast between Carnoustie and Dundee. Perhaps not, as when did anything in the services make any sense?

Do you have any other stories of your Father's time at Montrose? I'd love to hear them.

Danny42C
As I said, I was a bit nervous about going "solo" here, but your welcome has put my mind at rest. Unfortunately, I was born with less that perfect eyesight, which precluded flying, and quite a few other careers. However, I carved out quite a successful life in the oil/gas industry, and gained quite a few hours in the air as SLF, hence the name.

Keep up the good work!