PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 8th Apr 2013, 08:01
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oleo don’t forget the potted plants!

Oleo (tongue in cheek) what about the rights of the potted plants, shirley their plight is worthy of attention too??

I noticed that Senator Nash’s QON is still outstanding (how unusual..not!), maybe we can expect a severe dressing down by Fiona at the next round of Estimates on the 12/05/2013, here’s a reminder of that QON:
QON 127, CASA 01, NASH, Plants.
Hansard, RRAT Committee, Page 74, 12/02/13.

Senator NASH: That does not surprise me. Having ascertained that it is $150,000, thank you, Chair. I would hate to think that CASA has to go through the same restrictions that we in this building do and not have plants. I am sure they do a great deal for those of us in this place who need a little bit of greenery every now and again. If you could just take on notice for me the current amount of plants that you have, the current cost of maintenance, who is maintaining them and why you are moving to get a new maintenance regime?
I will also be interested to see how the hoodoo voodoo spin doctor answers this question:
QON 129, CASA 03, FAWCETT, FAA Audit.
Hansard, RRAT Committee, Page 77, 12/02/13.

Senator FAWCETT: I would like to refer you back to the FAA audit that was conducted a couple of years ago. My understanding is that there were a number of deficiencies found during that. Can you give us a status report of rectifications of those?

Mr J McCormick: We can take most of that on notice, if you like. What I can give you now is that the majority issue was around the fact that we did not have sufficient training, in their mind, for our inspectorate. We had already set in place a training school which is now up and running and, in particular, their concerns were over the inspectors who oversaw what is called FAR 129 foreign operators operating RPT, regular public transport, into the US. It was around the amount of training that people had done, where most of the training in the past of say six or seven years ago revolved a lot around on-the-job training and then people had their basic training either that way or through a course to start with was perhaps not as extensive as it should have been. Since then we have rectified that completely.

Senator FAWCETT: I am happy for you to take those on notice.
Outstanding QONs link:http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...ndex_final.pdf

The DAS statement…“Since then we have rectified that completely”…seems to contradict the findings in the ‘Chambers Report’ amongst other conflicting evidence documented since the FAA audit.

No the next estimates hearing could be required viewing as this inquiry’s report and recommendations will be tabled by then and with the election, for ‘dumb’ and ‘dumber,’ coming up there could be some emboldened Senators vying for some political point scoring. Humble pie might be the order of the day for DOIT and its agencies??

Ok now back to the thread…where were we..oh yeah Gobbles and the Fort Fumble chainsaw massacre!!