PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 7th Apr 2013, 22:31
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a brief update to my thoughts previously of the UN. After talking to a few of the Bar Room Barristers it was mentioned that in cases such as Quadrio, if a complete injustice is unearthed is an appeal to the European Union plausible? As Australia is not a member I am guessing there is no scope for someone to appeal to the EU. However as has been mentioned endlessly for many years now, there are many innocent Australian people who have been victimised by our own government departments. This has to be a breach of human rights and civil liberties, surely? Again, appealing to the UN or EU could be a last stop effort to attain justice when all else fails? It is a disgrace that we should have to even contemplate such measures however the draconian non democratic approach that Auatralian government has taken on certain issues does make one start to think.

Then again, we have given $5 billion to the EU's lacky the IMF to support the bailout of corrupt countries whose incompetence, wreckless spending and malfeasance has contributed to their parlous positions. There must be some sort of connection we can call upon?

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 7th Apr 2013 at 22:36.