PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads a minority?
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2013, 14:59
merlin_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maf:

I totally disagree with the previous comments that "with that mindset you won't get far in Aviation". You seem to love flying, but are intelligent enough to understand that spending a ton of money on something you "love", but then not finding a job is not a very clever move.

I can tell you that I approached aviation with the same mindset, spent countless hours pushing gliders on the ground just to get a quick ride for free, and would do it all again.

I cannot help you with information about the Civilian European/American helicopter market, because I simply don't know what's happening, but I can advise you to continue looking and asking lots of questions before commiting yourself to a very big decision ($$ wise). I think there is a hard road ahead, no matter what decision you make, so think about building your hours in Norway, while at the same time applying to as many places as you can.

I can tell you that on pprune there is a tendency to be quite negative, regarding any subject, but there are some wise posters who are kind enough to give useful information (paco is one of them). Also, what madflyer26 said, to my knowledge, is exactly spot on.

Good Luck, and best wishes from sunny Portugal to wonderful Stavanger!

Last edited by merlin_driver; 7th Apr 2013 at 15:01.