PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what do people think of the new Garmin avionics?
Old 7th Apr 2013, 11:13
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at the previous threads about Peter's Erection above .....I bought a Levil AHRS unit in the USA when I was out there recently. We have a 430W linked to AP etc., which is fine for the legal stuff, then we have also mounted an Ipad to the panel to display a moving map - Skydemon which is far superior in terms of situational awareness.

This also connects to my AHRS (which is hidden away) via WiFi and it means we can run a backup AI on the Ipad running iHUD remote or something. I am thinking about mounting an old Android phone / iPhone to the panel somewhere as a dedicated AI, and run iHUD remote or ixGyro.

This AHRS is great, self erecting , just switch it in and it finds attitude. It is battery powered with about 8hrs battery life, but USB chargeable like all our Gizmos - iPad, AHRS, BT GPS and old phone.

The only thing we have to find now is a 12V USB hub which can charge all these devices on the go.....

Last edited by englishal; 7th Apr 2013 at 11:15.