PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saving the IMC. Did we do enough? Can we do more?
Old 7th Apr 2013, 02:27
Bigglesthefrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK BEagle, I admit that "Get out of Jail Free" is just a figure of speech loaned to all those words you said it was meant to be and I will take 100 lines. But who cares, what it was really meant for was to enable the training of PPLs to get the aircraft down when in a difficult situation due to weather. I think we've all been there at some time and it was one scare like this that prompted me to get it in the first place years ago. I'm sure that it has saved many lives and as such is, and has been a huge success.
I will also go as far as to say that even if EASA do not sanction anything like the IMCr in the future, then regardless of this, instructors should still teach the syllabus here in the UK. Because if it ended up being a choice of dying or breaking the law, I know what I would choose!

So there BEagle, I invite you to comment on my reply, but not necessarily for you to take issue with my post, but certainly so I can be the one to take you to 20,000 posts!!!