PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where will you go? Lowcost A320s and charter B767s?
Old 6th Apr 2013, 19:22
Tangogolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Where will you go? Lowcost A320s and charter B767s?

Hi everyone

I recently got offered as Junior First Officer position from 2 Airlines.*

The First one is a lowcost airline using A320s (very secure career future)and they're expanding fast but the contract is 10years long and the bonding is about $100k US. Their schedule is tight, average of 4 sectors per day, total of 90-100 max hours per month no layover.

The second one is a charter airline using B767s and also expanding. However, they are new to the airline business only started back few years ago but they have high potential. The contract *is only 3years long with $35k US bond and the type rating will be train in USA. Their schedule is giving out at end of the every month(like normal). however, as they are charter airline. The schedule is changing all the time and sometime it's hard to predict the future and life planning. Though, the schedule is less intensive as they fly long-haul flight 4-7hours, maximum 2 sectors and layover at some destination, total of 80-90 hours max per month.

Now, as I am new to this career and this industry with SO B744 background, their is possibility that I will *move on to other airline in the future. I am still not sure where I will be joining

what I wanted to know from you guys is which is best choice? the charter 767s or the lowcost 320s?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of both? Long-haul widebody or short-haul narrow body?

how easy is it to move from one to other airline ie. middle east etc..? From A320 to A330/A340 and from B767 to B777/B747/B787? which one have more competitors and possibility of getting a new job?

Your answers would be appreciated.

Last edited by Tangogolf; 7th Apr 2013 at 04:53. Reason: Fix up English