PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there really a lack of pilots
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2013, 18:40
roksajet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there really a lack of pilots

Today I saw an add that you can pay for your own upgrade. For some 50.000 EUR. When will we open our eyes and stop paying for own ratings. If you love to fly spend money maybe on some Pitts or glider and have fun. With self sponsorships we are only making profit for the companies and not for us. I saw that in USA first officers on CRJ are working for about 23 USD. What kind of joke is this and I guess they all payed for Type rating.

What can we do to stop this nonsense. With nowadays managers logics we will start earning money when we will be some 50 years old.

What I suggests is not to pay for any rating for about one year. If you can afford to pay for type rating then I guess you can be at home with that money doing nothing just waiting.
If there really is a lack of pilots, in my opinion companies will have to start paying again for planes which they operate.

Maybe I'm dreaming but I'm not willing to pay for any rating. Till today I'm CRJ captain and didn't have to pay for any rating and I hope it will stay that way.

What do you think? Should we spread the word....