PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANOTHER bail-out for SAA!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2013, 14:40
Nirak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

It was the same under white Apartheid rule (SAAF jobs for pals, little accountability, white male AA, etc) Just fewer snouts in the trough, so it was less obvious and more sustainable. Ops normal, just consequences now more obvious, more confusion, even less accountability, jobs for extended families.

It is the same all over the world, that is why America, Europe, et al is in the trouble they are in. As soon as a government starts to interfere too much, everything goes south, incompetence and politicking goes north.

The same goes for the corporate world. As soon as greed (the me-me culture) and public shareholding comes in, work-life balance, fair pay and work conditions goes south, so the best talent and workers goes elsewhere.

Both extremes equally bad and short sighted !!

When will the (another) new SAA plan be launched? I have read somewhere that it may include cutting some routes? Sounds like more shrinking (going southward), more routes into Africa, more international routes to go? Any info? Any retrenchments? No pilot intakes this year?

Still sounds messy and expensive for the desperate taxpayers. No pay increases for the overpaid SAA pilots.... (hopefully also not for SAA management either)

Last edited by Nirak; 6th Apr 2013 at 15:12. Reason: Adding another paragraph