PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar (and VA) issues towards NZ negoiations
Old 6th Apr 2013, 10:25
astinapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FMC

Incorrect. VANZ had 2008 seniority with respect to VAI positions and have had a number of crew transfer over.

"On the flip side numerous even more senior pilots at VAA have been placed below less senior pilots at VANZ with VANZ commands protected

Incorrect also, unless VAA has a captain that started after July 2012 which I can name none, all VAA and VAI crew are senior to VANZ pre July.

My offsiders at VANZ are aggrieved as they have were told from VB 2008 is their group date for opportunities. This date has been used for VAI transfers, so to now place them at the bottom is an issue. Many felt 2008 should have been the date with VAA 737 F/O's protected. That was the status quo and left them opportunity to transfer to VAI slots.

However I agree, it is a good opportunity for them with no growth left on that side. Its also a lot better than what they had, aside from 777 transfers.

Also agree - no B scale here. Cathay don't pay HK wages to AKL base. If they transfer to VAA they get a VAA contract.

Last edited by astinapilot; 6th Apr 2013 at 10:26.