PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 6th Apr 2013, 03:59
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grim pictures and happy moments.

MOIE# 1409 –"I re-read the Lockhart ATSBeaker final report as I am still uncomfortable with the Pel Air final report - etc."
That, whilst a very scary and accurate take, troubles me: but it is not the one that troubles me most. The history of change because of the Lockhart event is clear – many were made, all of which protect, foster and promote the department and minister. There have been few (if any) positive, proactive changes made to methodology for industry which do not, on a selective basis involve carnage, job loss and punitive administrative actions.

The pattern I see emerging under the current regime really scares me. The trend robustly appears as one of ruthless administrative penalties to individuals and the utter destruction of selected companies, at any cost, by any method; while skating at high speed along the extreme edges of credibility and the limits of law. One man makes the decision, the rest play along or toddle off. The track record is publicly available, the lengths gone to in some cases are truly remarkable. Then, we have Pel Air; they are clearly in the big gun-sight – ducks all lined up (nice and tidy like). Then brakes on – all change, tickets please; Wodger reverses the gun and shoots himself in the arse. Why ???? (or, better yet, how?? – maybe it was the the smoke and mirrors).

PM: Oleo, Stan was legless. We found a camel taxi which was prepared to take him home, sent Gobbles along to keep an eye; GD told him it was a magic carpet ride ('cos wuz furry and moved funny). Last seen heading roughly Southeast, bottle in one hand, cigar in t'other singing his version of the pirates song (full volume) which seemed entirely appropriate, but none the less truly remarkable, considering the state he was in.

Last edited by Kharon; 6th Apr 2013 at 04:20. Reason: Whoa - new page, I must not spill coffee. I must......