PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 6th Apr 2013, 02:26
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASI, CAA, CASA, ATSB, POOH.....oh the humanity!

Sarcs, SAR's are usually kept out of reach, deep within the bowels of TRIM, and robustly locked away. Unless you have access to the CASA pony pooh TRIM system, or someone internal to FF leaks these reports to PAIN, or the Senators ask for copies of said reports, they will remain an integral part of the 'mystique of aviation', mysterious, hidden, guarded by Herr Skulls Rottweilers and not to be shown publicly.

With regards to the Lockhart investigation report, one of the ATSbeakers last decent reports before the Beaker took charge and 'Beakerised' the place, it raised the weaknesses and deficiencies along with causal factors in the accident that inadvertently link to CASA. If you use the James Reason method of analysis the Regulator itself is a defence. So if we do some 'Swiss cheesing' we soon see that although the Regulator is not the primary cause of Lockhart, most certainly a lack of proper surveillance and auditing, acceptance of Transair piss poor procedures, non use of risk assessments by Transair and CASA, changes allowed within the Operators AOC which reflected an absolutely all time low level of adequate procedures and safety, plus an 'entry control' curve that set the safety bar so low that the entire debacle is almost criminal!

However, this thread isn't about Lockhart, so I will pull back from the drift, however there appear to be palpable systemic issues withing Fort Fumble that stretch back over eons then forward to this very day. If they can't complete regulatory reform within an embarrassing quarter of a centrury how can we expect or believe these other inherent problems to simply 'no longer exist, all is now well, move on folks nothing to see here'??
I know the current inquiry had its birth c/o declining industry safety standards, morphed into the Pel Air inquiry and so it goes, but the can of worms is spilling out more worms than the Senate can keep up with and there is much much more that lays beneath the surface waiting to see daylight.

Anyway, off to the River Styx, the houseboat party is starting. All are invited, Kharon has decorated the deck in party lights and pot plants, Minnie and Gobbles are no longer under house ban (after throwing pot plants and pooh at
Flyingfiend). There will 80's music, a Rocky Horror dress code', 'Behind The Green Door' will be playing on the giant TV screen, Halfmanhalfreaper will be there singing the Blue Oyster Cult classic 'Don't Fear The Reaper', Sarcs will be doing a Shakespearean reading of the CASA SPM and The Screaming Skull will be trussed up as a piņata - hit him with a stick or kick him with a jackboot and win a prize!!
C'mon down kids.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 6th Apr 2013 at 11:07. Reason: Sharpening the stick, putting on the boots, trussing up the angry man!