PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for anyone interested?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2013, 02:13
deptrai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a mod and I have no idea what the mods were thinking and I doubt they will be inclined to discuss their actions in public. All I know is I reported your previous post to the mods because it looked like annoying commercial spam, rather than bona fide research. One of these "surveys" where someone gets a cent for every respondent who volunteers his personal details. The survey also required watching a video which seemed to be a commercial for a particular manufacturer. Shortly thereafter, the link to the video was mangled by the survey site provider (disabled?)...and the youtube video disappeared (deleted?). Apologies if I was wrong - but all in all to me it didn't look very convincing as an academic survey .

If your research is legitimate, academic, and non-profit, why not present it as such, and send a pm to a mod, maybe including your email address affiliated with an academic institution, and ask for approval to post it. I'm sure people will be able to help you.

Soliciting clicks to possibly dubious surveys by PM on the other hand does not strike me as a brilliant idea.

edit: aren't you the guy with an agenda to raise awareness about fwd EE bay access in Boeings - not the typical penny spammer type. maybe it was just the presentation of the survey which came across as a bit odd.

Last edited by deptrai; 6th Apr 2013 at 03:28.