PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 6th Apr 2013, 01:36
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Beyond Reason' and the FF blackhole!

Oleo said:
I won't post it all here but in the Lockhart Final report the following sections are worth ones reading, then compare those regulatory findings to Pel Air and see if CASA has even remotely improved.
Besides the obvious comparison between the old pre-Beaker days when the bureau metaphorically kicked arse and held no prisoners, that is a very good question Oleo. Given the aviation safety watchdog has effectively been muzzled since Lockhart and with all the shenanigans revealed thus far in this inquiry I’d say that if anything CAsA has gotten worse are more out of control and a ‘law unto themselves’.

To add to Oleo’s quoted sections of the Lockhart Final Report it is also worth taking a look at appendix H from the following link:
http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/3148359/aair200501977_appendices.pdf
It is also worth looking at this FOI released document that shows more than anything the ‘ad hoc’ approach to surveillance of Transair that CAsA took at the time. What is also amazing is the amount of changes/additions to the Transair AOC that appear to be seamlessly rubber stamped:
http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/lib100096/ef-121779.pdf
Note: The Flight Ops section of form 069 that dealt with the port and route check approval for Lockhart River is mysteriously missing…go figure??

All of which when put alongside the Pel-Air SAR, the Pel-Air FRMS SAR and even the infamous ‘Chambers Report’ would all seem to indicate that not much has changed within bowels of FF and in comparison to the Lockhart stain.

However Oleo I think the bigger ugliness that the Pel-Air inquiry is unearthing is the complete double standards, inconsistency, apparent shonky backroom deals, etc..etc that FF applies to individual operators and pilots. The examples of this in recent years are plentiful…Hempel, Airtex, Hardy’s, JQ, etc.

However probably the perfect place to do a comparison is with the currently active Barrier permanent suspension case and also the Skymaster (Canleyvale) case, which (if you remember) included a BK FF ‘Special Audit’….hmm sure would be interesting to get a copy of that SAR??

Both of these cases deal with FF regional offices that have particularly checkered histories and seem to be where FF hide their miscreants and odd bods with sociopathic tendencies (i.e. potential GWM recruits)….hmm perfect really for our purposes!

Doing a Kelpie….wondering where I can get a copy of that SAR???