PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPAS Pilots Awarded Wings
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2013, 00:33
sargs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If someone thinks an airborne-earned pair of wings is worth the same as video-game set then they aren't worth talking to
Clearly I'm not worth talking to; I only have a single AE wing and therefore am only half the man you are. Still, I can take comfort from the fact that I am better than the blokes with the single RAF badge, because I've been in longer than them. Hang on though, clearly N badge holders are better than me because they're commissioned. Never mind, I know I'm better than the IA badge wearers because their course was not as long as mine (except for one I know who's actually better than me). Perhaps I'm better than an AT, because I'm aircrew? What's that you say, 25 years experience engineering beforehand? Then surely I'm better than an LM; after all, they were crap at morse? Apart from the winchmen with AFCs, and the SH door gunners and MERT crews, obviously. Still, none of this matters - having blue laurel leaves on your badge doesn't make you as competent as one who has brown leaves, clearly. Unless you last flew C-130, in which case you're not as good as a Tornado pilot (GR4, not F3).

Or could it be (sharp intake of breath), we are ALL worthy, in our own individual and collective way? Honour the man.