PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines 'Should Charge Fat Passengers More'
Old 5th Apr 2013, 12:26
Tonybavaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyawaybird,
I take no offence to being called "fat",because that is of course,what I am,and of course I am as guilty as anyone else in using outward appearance as a means of judging others.Your account of what causes people to be overweight is well meant,if a little patronising.In my particular case,I have always had an extremely healthy diet,and continue to eat healthily to this day.Also my exercise regime is as good ,if not better than most people's .I could go on and detail my sporting achievements in Rugby,Cricket etc.,but will not bore you with the details,suffice to say that I am prepared to wager that it is better than 99 per cent of the population.
Where I do take offence is your inference that fat people smell worse than others.The sense of smell is,of course,subjective much as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I would much rather sit close to a person with a body odour problem than someone who has par taken of large quantities of garlic,as I once was forced to do on flight from Heathrow to Los Angeles.
Anyway,rant over,and I wish you all pleasant flying experiences.