PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Grounds 787s
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2013, 11:40
G&T ice n slice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hummmm

well I don't fly, maintain, or have any technical association with aircraft, but I have got 40-odd years of airline employment behind me, and us ground-grunts do pick up stuff.

but when the 787 blurb started to come out of Boeing I'm afraid as a non-tech type I kept reading it all and each time I would go "hmmmmm, THAT'S intersting..." or "hmmmmm, THAT'S brave...."

And, you know, all the things that prompted those two reactions have turned out exactly as I thought they would.....

And the foto's I have seen of various electrical installations on the a/c rather had me thinking along he lines of "hmmm, I'm not sure that arranging wiring like that would get past the inspector if I was re-wiring my house that way"

And I've jiggered around with fuel numbers and whilst they look good the more distant the city-pair, they're not that good under about 3 hours, but horses for courses.

And frankly my dear, I'm not convinced of the battery lash-up and will be arranging any future itineraries with this aircraft type in mind....

And I have to admit, I prefered being pax in the DC9 to the 737, the DC8 to the 707, the VC10 to the DC8 and the 707, the A320 to the 737; but I did prefer the 727 to the Trident and the 747 to the DC10/MD11.

So I'm not sure I quite qualify as "Boeing denialist"

Last edited by G&T ice n slice; 5th Apr 2013 at 11:41.