PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2013, 11:17
Depone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SkyRocket10 - Are you Lindsay Craig or part of the selection team? How could you know this?
And you seem to (think you) know a lot too, but I suspect you aren't part of the selection team either

If you look back through BA interview and aptitude test threads over the last 15 years on Pprune you will find that not much has changed. They were always likened to a watered-down version of RAF tests. Unsurprisingly, the aptitude tests and teamwork exercises at CTC were almost identical.

I suspect the tests for inexperienced pilots are indeed now slightly different, bearing in mind you're testing for aptitude rather than ability. It always seemed odd to test the aptitude of pilots with experience to see whether they've the 'right stuff', but that's BA recruitment for you.

Correct!! There are minimums to achieve but at the end of the day, you could have scored 90% across the boards... but if 2 out of 3 people scored 91% then you are at the bottom of the grade curve!!
Obviously there are minimums but I am pretty certain they're low. As for those with the highest overall average getting through, no, I think that is too simplistic. I am sure that a candidate who gets average grades but does well at the personality interview and ok at the group exercises, will get the nod. It is not about being a genius. They are looking for the BA type - and they are not all Chuck Yaegers, believe me.