PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Ek Green Light
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2013, 10:58
Ultergra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas is an internationally recognised company that many would associate with being Australian.

It is showing more respect to EK rather than to its foundations of an Australian Airline.

To cut pork from a menu has a representation that if I voice, I will be called a racist or just another bogan Aussie from the Shire.

As I have said, we are a multicultural society, or so it has been shoved down our throats for years. Are we not meant to be this shinning example to the world that we can all live together in harmony? It would appear its worth nothing. My point is, we all live together, and just because I have pork in my fridge, doesn't mean my neighbour has to flippen eat it!!!

Perhaps their culture could learn a thing or two from us, our multicultural way of life. It should be celebrated, not forced to change to adapt to a single way of life.

If Qantas was so passionate about not offending other religions, then they would have cut pork from the menu of all flights associated with the worlds largest population of Muslims: Indonesia.