PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 5th Apr 2013, 09:51
wannabe_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shoulder subluxation

Hi there

Like so many others I've had my heart set on being an RAF pilot from a very young age. I'm a 2nd year UAS cadet and was over the moon after recently passing the Aptitude test for Pilot.

Unfortunately since the summer of 2011 I've suffered from a shoulder dislocation/ subluxation on two occasions. I have made the decision not to get these incidents treated due to the concern that the RAF would rather take on a candidate who hasn't suffered from shoulder instability.

However recently I have realized that I may need to seek medical treatment as my shoulder will only likely dislocate again in future (with more ease).

The reason i'm posting on here is in the hope that some advice from people with any knowledge of the area i've talked about, may help me to reach a decision on whether to continue to hide the problem or whether to seek treatment (and likely surgery). A simple answer of 'going to see what your GP thinks' isn't going to help as a visit to the GP will result in this problem being put on my medical records permanently.

Thanks in advance.