PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Cabin Service
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2013, 05:45
Pucka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pontius..good post and reflects what many bona fide pax experience frequently. I believe that CX has lost many of their original long term accounts due to poor client management performance and the hubris that IS CX. In a previous post, the omnipresent CXExorcist, whilst appreciating his non pilot management peers as the doyens of continued Airline success, appears to forget that its the passenger and his/her experience that dictates repeat custom. Out of HKG, Oz and UK, I hear time and time again that the CX experience was poor.. from check in, the non assistance to single mothers and their kids, poor cabin service and the terrible EY food, ( we are told to watch the potential of DVT but we get fed a diet of rubbish)....and yes, all those obsequious PA's to boot. Even the cleanliness of the cabin is in doubt, with 777 carpets showing multiple stains, particularly in EY..and who in management chose such high vis material?..a pilot manager, embedded in the higher audits of decision making would make a lot of sense...one appointed on merit.
So, maybe the muppets at Skytrax could conduct another survey; one that shows the airline receiving the most passenger defections from CX?? At a guess, I think that may just be BA!
...and CXEx..never forget that it was a couple of pilot 'managers" that conceived and built the airline you work for..and indeed, similar models did precisely the same and one wonders if we would have been in a better and healthier position if this had remained the same? Then, they were leaders in the real sense. Mostly male pilots who we would happily go over the top for as opposed to the gutless self improvers we see now, where the word leadership has little or no meaning. Pilot managers should always have been appointed on merit, NOT as a result of personal gain or ego. In BA, these guys are generally head hunted from within and whilst its still not perfect in their crib, morale amongst crews..flight deck crews, is more than a tadge better than CX and KA.