PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'AIRCRASH' Channel Four
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2003, 21:08
Alberts Growbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artificial Hrzn.

I'm sorry to dissolusion you but as a 767 Capt with many years of flying, I can tell you that this program happens to be telling it like it really is.

My wife, who flew for twelve years as a CA is watching it because she identifies with the CA's who are telling their stories. Flying is not dangerous compared to road travel and the Daily Mail is wrong to capitalise on the story line , but when God decides to tell you that your in for a really **** day, the invite comes with no caveat of a comfortable death!

Grow up laddy, if your not able to face the fact that you may die doing the so called glamourous job you aspire to, then I would suggest that you consider accountancy for a profession.

I am sick and tired of reading how many of you think you are an authority on the aviation industry when you have no idea of the professional pressures and risks that you will be subjected to when you have spent your £50K.

Professional aviators constantly face the fact that every flight might be their last one, in fact on statistical chances they will reach retirement. But some won't. If you want it summed up best open E.K. Ganns book 'Fate is the Hunter'. He opens with a list of those he has known who have 'set their wings to rest'.

In my time I have also known many who I hopefully will wait a long time yet to meet again.

Flying for a living carries a caveat of not always reaching old age, accept it as you wish.