PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 7
Thread: LUTON - 7
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2013, 21:21
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it was me who posted Ryanair's weekly timetable for Birmingham. I have their timetable for each day of the week in August (the busiest month) for all of Ryanair's UK bases except Stansted just because it's so large and time consuming to sift through. The schedule gilesdavies reposted is ALL Ryanair flights at Birmingham in August, not just from the 4 aircraft based there.

BHX has 218 total weekly FR flights whilst Luton is slightly behind at 210. I think Birmingham does have more additional flights for August so they are virtually neck and neck for much of the summer.

I can post Luton's weekly FR schedule if anybody would like to see it but I don't think it's neccessary to. Also remember that Birmingham tends to be smaller than Luton in terms of FR traffic through the winter months.

With that amount of traffic, the airline is able to feed BHX with about 2.2 million passengers per year. While Ryanair at Luton is down by 600,000 passengers.
Birmingham will go nowhere near 2.2 million FR passengers p.a. East Midlands is a lot larger at 366 weekly flights with 8 a/c in August as well as some non-based aircraft flights and Ryanair said in October 2012 that 2.3 million passengers would use FR from EMA in 2013. They also estimated 2.4 million at Manchester, 2.1 million at Liverpool, 1.8 million at Edinburgh and 1.4 million at Prestwick when announcing new routes from there some months ago.

Whilst Prestwick has 4 a/c also, there are quite a few less non-based a/c operating from there so 1.6 million for the whole of 2013 for both Birmingham and Luton is about right.

Last edited by FRatSTN; 4th Apr 2013 at 21:26.