PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPAS Pilots Awarded Wings
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2013, 17:48
Jacko3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few people here missing the point i think... I suspect there is a clear divide in opinion between those who have been through a flying training system and those who have not. Get all past and present RAF pilots/aircrew in one hangar and see what the vote would be on whether people that don't even leave the ground get to wear wings pr any other established flying brevet.

Again, RPAS operators have been through a difficult training system and have a serious and important job. They deserve credit and SHOULD wear a badge that is theirs and displays membership of their own unique club. But why not a new and hard earned RPAS badge. 'Amending' the pilots brevet in my opinion is disrespecting its history.

A few people on here making comments about the job being similar clearly think being a pilot involves just pushing buttons and letting weapons go....

Out of interest, how many RPAS operators do we have? Wasn't there a trial 4-5 years ago to put non-aircrew through the system and see how they did? How long is the RPAS training system?