PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed MECR
Thread: Failed MECR
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2003, 20:01
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you been paying for your own course? If not could you finish if you paid for the rest yourself?

If you were paying already it sounds pretty unfortunate behaviour on the part of the training provider, and only likely to be detrimental to the image of integrated courses, if you can't transfer cheaply to modular. Who would start a course they may not be allowed to complete?

However I would talk to a modular provider. Their head of training may know what you can do, may have come across similar before. I do not know what the MECR is as I work for a modular-only company, but I assume it is equivalent to the multi rating test in a modular system? If so you should have most of the requirements to start at that stage in a modular course though you may have to do some hour building and even a PPL skills test.

Of course talk to the CAA as well if you can get through to them (most schools have a few direct-line numbers, so if you can't get through someone may be able to on your behalf). Even if your training so far does not meet the letter of the regulations they can be fairly helpful with sensible interpretation of the rules.

Best of luck, hope you can rescue something from this!

Send Clowns
Gen Nav groundschool
BCFT