PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Cabin Service
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2013, 15:31
Soul planet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure why are you taking it so personal because we, here, are directing to the services presented to us in the cabin, and comparing it as opposed to the "smile" we were promised with by cx commercial on tv, but lack of motivation and lack of willingness to provide premium services (including sighing and tutting when asked for ... water?) are experienced by many, including fellow aviators and their families, if you have read.

My intentions are to engage in a proper discussion here. Anyhow, my girlfriend has just graduated from her Law PPCL in Sydney and so sorry, I am (including many pilots of a sane mind) not any bit interested in picking up any BCs. We have loving wives and girlfriends and oh, do you even know anything about cx culture? Since you are discussing it on a more personal level, let me share an anecdote here - shared with by my friend's sister after I discussed this thread with her.

She used to be close friends with an ex cc, X. They were in the dancing society at school. X has always been vicious in meeting well off men after failing a couple of relationships. because in a city like Hong Kong, it's hard to find happiness, or lets say enjoy happiness and love without money, to watch movies, dine out, buy gifts etc. almost 2 years ago she decided that why not cast a net among the new SOs - new to HK and what a load of paycheck by local standard. X eventually got jilted by almost 5 guys before returning to the very first guy, Y, whom she pigeon-holed. She believed that he was desperate enough to take her as he wanted a girlfriend to settle down. Alongside, X slept with Y's friend, the very guy she wanted to have as her boyfriend, but needless to say he didn't want to comply. Taking whatever that comes, X, soon moved into Y's and got showered with gifts every now and then. She had never had such a generous guy showering her with gifts all the time, all her vacations included. At one point, X even requested Y to put her under his travel companion name, despite the fact that she could id travel as a cc. My friend's sister thought it was ludicrous! They soon moved far away to a house closer to work and he bought a car, X had never been happier because how many people get to live in a house in HK? X didn't really have many close friends, considering the fact that she enjoys flaunting about Y's wealth or perhaps it's a normal among hkg girlfriends. X clinged onto the chances of meeting more pilots because she wanted to be in a new and better social circle. Last year, she resigned from cx and decided she could launch her career somewhere else but it did not transpire. So she proposed to Y into opening a cafe of her own on an outlying islands by Lantau. She could not do so on her own. My friend's sisters and mutual friends did not apprehend why would Y bestow all his money on her venture, which is very likely to fail. The sister is no longer close to X because X has distant herself from her old friends. She met Y a couple of times but above all, more worried and uncomfortable about the relationship. One of the many.

But just picture this in a city like Hong Kong - it makes my stomach sick how this place has evolved and how the people have transposed. It's pure sadness how interaction between people and relationships are more superficial than anything else (4 years after i'd left and returned to hkg from UNSW). Nothing against hkg and I like it as my family is here, but I am not sure for years ahead or to have my children brought up here, I am bewildered.