PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 4th Apr 2013, 05:20
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“It's just a jump to the left…”

Well we’re a long way off “bingo” to meet that 0655UTC dinner date at the houseboat (I hear wabbit stew is on the menu)…so let’s go for a short trip on Lefty’s timewarp machine…

The following is a reference from the last inquiry that is interesting, again in context of this inquiry, it refers to the former FF Manager of Human Factors Mr Ben Cook (you know the one who pulled the pin in mid 2010 and went onto greener pastures back inside the ADF).

Here’s a quote from answer to CAsA QON 1 18/03/2010…“ The “scientific” review undertaken by Mr Cook of the Darwin rosters was not included in the audit report itself due to uncertainty about the validity of the methods utilized. Many of the recommendations made by Mr Cook and submitted to the audit team for consideration were based on opinion, with some not supported by facts and objective evidence…”

Here’s CAsA QON 1 and QON 6 where Senator X questions why FF seem to have totally disregarded their very own Manager Human Factors expert opinion and analysis as reported in the Human Factors section of the ‘Special Fatigue Audit: Jetstar’ (see link below).
Inquiry into Pilot Training & Airline Safety
Public Hearing –Friday, 18 March 2010
CANBERRA
Questions Taken on Notice – CASA/ATSB

1. HANSARD, RA&T 60

Senator XENOPHON—I think the report was quite careful in saying that no evidence had been provided to date. In other words, there was no positive evidence of, for instance, an appropriate strategic assessment of fatigue risk. It also refers to a scientific review of Darwin based flight crew rosters which indicated that there were predicted levels of fatigue risk that required further review by Jetstar, and that, in the absence of sufficient proactive fatigue risk assessment practice by Jetstar, there may be unacceptable fatigue risks that are not being identified and managed. Has that been attended to since that time?

Mr Hood—I would like to take that on notice, if I can. I will go back and review Jetstar’s
response to our audit recommendations.

6. HANSARD, RA&T 72, 73

Senator XENOPHON—Chair, I just wanted to put this on notice. Going back to the Jetstar fatigue audit and the letter that went to Mr Buchanan, the CEO of Jetstar, on notice, can you provide details of the 12 recommendations and the other comments that were made? Which of those were put in the report to Mr Buchanan? And insofar as some of the matters were not raised with Mr Buchanan, could you indicate why CASA decided not to raise those matters with Jetstar?

Mr McCormick—My understanding is that you mean from the Ben Cook input to the final report?

Senator XENOPHON—Yes.

Mr McCormick—How many were bundled into the main report? Which ones were not? And why were they not?

Senator XENOPHON—Sure, that is fine.

Mr McCormick—Yes, that is no problem.
You can read the full answers in the link below and also observe a classic DAS/GWM rule 101 (“if in doubt always attack the man”), which was originally plucked from the ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to Mastering Sociopath behaviour’!

No wonder BC pulled the pin , it would be quite demoralising to have two of your Fatigue Audit Reports totally sh#t canned in less than 6 months and both times it was all because they didn’t suit the DAS/GWM hidden agenda.

I have also included a link for the politically sanitised version of the FF Special Fatigue Audit: Jetstar’ as tabled at the last inquiry for your comparison.

“Ok punch into the Box the co-ordinates for ‘Houseboat on the river Styx’ set the FGCS connect the A/P and away we go...”

https://senate.aph.gov.au/submission...6-aeb45b5fd32b

https://senate.aph.gov.au/submission...1-89a655859ce1

https://senate.aph.gov.au/submission...b-465f65a925f7

Last edited by Sarcs; 4th Apr 2013 at 05:30. Reason: "And then a step to the right...."