PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is Jim Ferguson??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2013, 12:37
Angry Relative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had no intentions of posting on this site again, but Cockney Steve's comments have driven me to do so.

CS - you freely admit that you are not an aviation professional, nor would it appear that you have any knowledge of Jim Ferguson other than some of the vitriolic opinions expressed here. Jim never had a 'mercenary' attitude to aviation casualties, and to believe that he did simply shows how little you, and many others, knew of the man.

Of course he wasn't universally popular - he was a journalist, for God's sake, and as such will have upset numerous people in his working life. But to claim that he had no consideration or feelings for those affected by tragedy is abject nonsense.

My thanks to DB and others who have expressed balanced views on Jim, both here and in other threads.

As for me, I will content myself, along with the rest of Jim's family, with the very many genuine messages of shock and sympathy that have poured in since his untimely death. A large number of these have come from individuals in the world of aviation, and have expressed huge appreciation both of the work that Jim did, and from those who actually knew him, of the person that he was. They will help to sustain his wife in the weeks and months ahead, and for that I am very grateful.