PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is Jim Ferguson??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2013, 00:59
Brian Abraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However hurtful Jim's reporting may have been for you
Let me get this straight, are you saying it's OK for a reporter to besmirch a persons professional reputation, but its not OK for the besmirched to make known that he has been besmirched.

As Heliport says
The late Jim Ferguson ('aviation writer' and the subject of this thread) was not a pilot and never had been, nor did he work in the aviation industry.
He may best be described as an enthusiastic amateur it seems from this side of the world, and as such had no place being the public face commenting on aviation matters and being presented as an expert. All too often reporters/commentators make themselves the story.

That doesn't detract from the fact that he may have been a delightful bloke to share a beer with, and a wonderful family man.
Passionate and commited he may have been, I don't know, but I do know how much he hurt me, my familly and the famillies of many others, none of whom were ever allowed to be heard in reply. As I said earlier, he had the right to reply here, which is far more than anyone he ever wrote about had.
Commiserations Francis, I have two personal press stories, neither good.

Call a spade for what it is.