PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar (and VA) issues towards NZ negoiations
Old 3rd Apr 2013, 00:10
astinapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar (and VA) issues towards NZ negoiations

Since the last thread got closed down ( doesn't seem to happen to Qantas threads) I thought I would continue one under an accurate title to avoid being closed again.

As a Kiwi working in Australia I am in total agreement with what I was reading.
My Kiwi colleagues have without exception taken the moral high ground with VA Australian colleagues, they have been asked to fly domestic in Australia and the first thing they do is ok it with Australian Unions. That is called courtesy and professionalism my friends and something that is not always reciprocated.

If we did all work together, as QF should have done with JQ, this infighting would largely cease.

Why did Australian based pilots undermine a NZ group wishing to negotiate? If the Kiwis were to reciprocate that favour can you imagine the abuse,
some would call that hypocritical.

I am heartened that many at VA would not do this to VANZ, although they are still looked down upon by some. The treatment of their seniority is insulting and does not create any sort of comradeship between groups. How do the VANZ guys respsond now if the company offers them some bigger Metal or routes into Asia. Gets harder to take the moral high ground as this sort of treatment continues.

Bula, what Jetstar NZ did to Australia is exactly what you did to QF. However at least the NZ guys lived in a different country with a completely different set of laws and conditions and fly NZ based routes. Not quite the same can be said of what JQ Austraia did, some may call you a hypocrite also, but not me.

Last edited by astinapilot; 3rd Apr 2013 at 03:17.