PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 15:21
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
The Economist

Interesting point you make. I spent 40 years in telecoms and the Economist was seldom right about anything in that industry. Over time I have chatted to others in major industries Aviation and Finance among them and they had a similar view of the august publication -interesting to read about other industries than their own but never believed what it said about their own industry-bit of a theme there.
At Uni my Business management economics lecturer told us that when studying economics always remember that economists do not know how to forecast because they are historians not scientists and like historians seldom have a consistent analysis of past events.
Having said all that LHR needs a third parallel and if the Government tried to make it clear that the folks in Sipson would get honest and fair compensation as opposed to the normal practice of cheating people in that position it would all go smoothly.
The dimwit NIMBYS in Kew and Richmond will soon change their views when they understand that when LHR goes further into decline and they have to travel 90 miles to the Kent coast for a flight or mix with those awful Essex people at Stanstead.
PB