PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar New Zealand Contract
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 06:59
stillgoing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put forth that the NZ pilots undercut the Established Australian base in NZ. i also add that to whine and complain about Aus pilot coming to NZ is based on a false premiss. Aus pilots were based in NZ well before current NZ pilots. Is one calling the kettle black? Who undercut who?.......
Yes NZ based pilots did do this. However perhaps you should point the finger at the Australian based company management for that one?

By the way Impulse (Jetstar) undercut QF, was that the same or different?

I dont think you actually read my post. Aus based pilots have always been based in NZ throughout the life of Jetstar NZ. There is nothing wrong with that. What was not appreciated was guys flying in on days off or working them on days off when in the hotel in NZ. This was not rostered flying.

Very big of themselves seeing 16 positions which were on Australian contracts have now been replaced by NZ contracts one would think.
And it was the Australian pilots on the EBA that gave up these positions to take the NZ contract. Once again you can blame that situation on the Australian based company managment for creating that situation.

The new contract is ok, but could have been a lot better if we had suceeded in our strategy. This strategy was undermined end of story.

By the way sorry to hear a fellow pilot had to deal with a serious medical issue for his child.