PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar New Zealand Contract
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 02:39
minimum_wage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bahamas, not blaming any individuals, just asking a question. Airlines are all about making as much money for as little expense, and unfortunately, to them, pilots are just another expense.

And j3piper, I am not a J* pilot and never said so, but I do support these guys getting what the rightfully deserve, and yes they did a good job getting the company to pay attention.
And I never said that NZALPA was ineffective, however, the general attitude amongst nz pilots is not as militant as in oz. Probably because in nz the general work force is not as unionised as in oz, so the mentality people have when it comes to unions is just cultural, not personal.
In the Virgin group ask the oz guys about how they would feel about kiwis doing any 'Australian flying', taking 'Australian jobs', and god forbid if that happened during their EBA negotiations. It simply wouldn't and the kiwi boys would never have done it had they the choice. So I'm not getting anyone's panties in a twist, simply pointing out that when the shoe is on the other foot, all is not even.