PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Cabin Service
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 02:37
Soul planet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, as the front-line of Cathay's customer service, they are now damaging the brand and it is having an a detrimental effect. By way of only a teeny-tiny example, my wife recently travelled from Oz to the UK and back with CX. She was in J and the price was very competitive. Not the cheapest but we thought it was worth paying the extra for the imagined improved cabin service over the other, cheaper, players. Well, that was a decision we regret and Cathay have lost another customer. I know, I know, don't let the door etc. The thing is, my wife is one of the least demanding people you will ever meet and yet she could not muster one good word to say about the Cathay experience. Several of the comments already made here were included in her description of the flights, including the lacklustre meal services, the amazing ability of the cabin crew to disappear, the sighing and tutting when she had the temerity to ask for more water (what on earth was she thinking) and the distinct impression that she was being done a HUGE favour when the crew deigned to do their job. It's something you'd expect of an American airline and certainly not one based in the Far East. Anyway, yesterday we were talking about an upcoming trip and I'd researched the various prices again. Cathay was immediately crossed off the list, with the only comment being, "I'm not travelling with them again".

Once again, like I have said its not just isolated examples, but a general trend that the service is going downhill. I am embarrassed on behalf of cx.

Another example, a CC posted on facebook

CX566! Japan again. 很期待snack box service 啊 ......15分鐘應該可以K.O 200 位passenger 吧?? — at Cathay City 國泰城.

For the benefit of those who can't understand, its - "I am so excited about the (new) snack box service! Should be able to K.O. 200 pax within 15min!" Is this Service Straight From The Heart? The CC is more excited about the reduced time serving food! Wow, good job cx on the people you recruit.