PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 1st Apr 2013, 12:05
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety time warp

I agree with tail wheel that a fully fledged smoking hole incinerating 150+ pax would be of small odds. However I also believe, in a perverted sort of way that is one of our current problems. The lack of a giant smoking hole has enabled FF and the Fabulous Beaker Brothers to not just lose sight of the ball but the ball has never been in their field of play. Lockhart, Canley Vale, Pel Air have all been comedy caper affairs for the powers to be. If these accidents are a 'practise run' for the 'big one' then god help us.

At the end of the day we don't have a crystal ball, so maybe we won't have a major hull loss in the next 10 years. Then again, maybe we will. Either way, a decent safety regulator and a decent safety investigating body would surely go a long way to preventing what I foresee as the inevitable.
Am I wrong? I actually hope so, I hope this inquiry, this thread and the my thoughts about the state of this industry are all an over exaggeration, hysteria, the ramblings of one of society's ills, i hope i am trapped on some kind of time warp. If this is the case then so be it, I may be opinionated but I am humble, I will concede defeat and see out my days basking on the aft deck of the Styx houseboat awaiting the day when even the boats HAAMC has to cross over.

My motivation, ironic as it may sound, has only ever been 'safety', and for that I have my good reasons. My ramblings may be cryptic, my language 'colourful', and my disgust in corrupt bureaucracies unmeasurable, but I will eternally support every person, irrespective of their method, who continue to fight for change and 'realignment' of our piss poor regulatory agencies which have been hijacked by executive philosophers, wordsmiths, spin producing twerps and twerpettes.

P.S Seeing this is a rumour network I have heard that Flyingfiend is actually Dr Frankenfurter and Twerp 1, Twerp 2 and Twerp 3 are the masters of his stage show.
As Beaker would say "It's just a ministerial jump to the left, and a mi mi mi mi to the right, put your hands in a trough"......

"Aviation, what aviation?"