PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 787 faces new risk: limits on ETOPS
Old 1st Apr 2013, 10:57
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walnut's post@51, prompted me to go back to #36 (TV programme posted by Jackx123)
I really wish I hadn't If even 50% of that investigative journalism is true, then there's a massive amount of collusion and cover-up of which we are not aware. I had read an article elsewhere about the botched, substandard parts and assumed, like most would, "heck, they're still flying,Boeing always build like a brick outhouse,so even if the parts are a bit down on spec, there's still plenty of strength"
WRONG

Business and politics have been guiding the decisions in this matter......All the Engineering talent and informed opinion on this Forum, has a broad concensus that the 787 electrical system is fundamentally flawed,,,,,,yet it was certified safe and meeting regulatory requirements -until the evidence was overpowering and worldwide.

How the arrogant fools ever thought they could keep this hidden, I don't know. A bigger worry, is the extent of collusion by the very people who are supposed to keep the general public safe.

Bung them all on a faulty aircraft, show and explain the faults that THEY certified were safe, lock them in and fly them .....see how many have brown trousers and a new humility!