PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airman Aircrew pay review
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2003, 10:17
Logistics Loader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Long Haul shift.

FWIW,

I had an extremely long shift, coupled with screaming kids at home = lack of sleep...hence few grammatical errors.

However my command of English is far better than some peoples command of thinking they can do everyone elses job.. An old school mate of mine, joined up as an L Tech ST...(flight Sim Tech) for the uneducated..he was surprised at what was involved in certain other trades..It is not my intention to inflame/offend anyone in particular!! If you feel offended...Tough!! freedom of speech allows me to voice my humble opinion/view.

In my career i have had the misfortune to dent 1 aircraft...
Engineers were very good about fixing it..thank heavens for speed tape...covered the scrape nicely..and it was only a scrape..
I do recall seeing an individual drop his metal toolbox onto the floor of a Wilts truck once.He calmly covered the resulting hole with black nasty and said it would do a trip, because we were going back to base.

Even better, a shiny fleet type, was seen to be practising wheelies on the pan, somewhere in deepest Oxon. Was it the Loggies who failed to load it correctly??? (heavy load gone to rear of frame would have tipped it nicely)..
No!!
It was our fixing type brothers...faulty fuel gauge i believe was the answer..i will stand corrected if it wasn't that..
Result = aircraft write off..

Also recall a story told to me years ago about an aircraft crash, whereby the it was claimed the load had moved in flight..causing loss of control..
When wreckage was investigated..the load was still attached to the floor and was in fairly good condition, therefore eliminating the load moving in flight as the cause. Believe it was the drivers fault in the end..

Similar to recent incident where tactical fleet from across the pond were practising low level runs for a tank drop, however, on the practise runs they hadn't loaded the tank.
On the day of the display, aircraft ran in low, complete with 25+ ton of deadweight in back end, result was aircraft hit the ground as tank despatched, Loadie survived i believed by clinging to tank as it left aircraft..no other survivors..

keep smiling..
LL