PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Cost Cutting
Thread: EK Cost Cutting
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2013, 09:01
marniplod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK Cost Cutting

As a cost saving measure charges are being introduced for those visiting the training centre. I've heard it's effective from today as a salary deduction for everyone and is meant to cover the cost of coffee drunk in the galley areas near the simulators. Those new Lavazza coffee machines make great coffee but now we are going to be charged for it. The plan is to charge what's called a Flight Ops Obligatory Levy to all Capt and F/O's. I hadn't realised this but there is according to the performance development boys a feature on these machines to link them wirelessly to the intranet and monitor through a camera system in the fascia those indivduals who are spending too much time drinking coffee when they should be training. Someone who I spoke to in flight training said that as a concession there is a plan to introduce a swipe card to the machines to be installed in the next few weeks to allow your EPC cards to get a discount. There's some other stuff being added such as Palm Civet blend whatever that is. Sounds like the thin end of the wedge to me