PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar New Zealand Contract
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2013, 05:40
stillgoing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still advertising for DECs for NZ ops.
It was only ratified a few days ago, nothing has been implemented yet for the new contract conditions and company assurances for internal upgrades.

Didnt a Dragon Captain just join Jetstar NZ DEC???
Don't know but it was only ratified a few days ago

[QUOTE]Don't panic guys, I was offered a DEC position a while back but turned it down. Was just saying this new contract would tempt me. I don't know if they will offer me a job or not but I do know of people joining shortly as DEC's. Does the new contact forbid this?? Or does it say that internal candidates will be used first when they are suitable, if it is the second then I would hazard a guess you will see more DEC's from time to time.[QUOTE]

Only just ratified so nothing has been put in place due to the limited timeframe. The company has given "assurances" on NZ flying going to NZ based crew and internal upgrades where requirements for command are met. Obviously if there are no internal guys then there may well be DEC's

The great thing out of all of this is that NZ crew can now do NZ flying. During the negotiations NZ crew decided not to work on days off as the company was relying heavily on this to crew flights and NZ crew knew it would assist them in getting a better deal. This was all undermined by Australian based crew on days off in NZ working as many of their days off as they could. One Australian based pilot even came in off long service leave to cash in at the the NZ crew expense. I believe it was $8000 for two days? Thanks for that.

I hope to work internally in Aus during the EBA negotiations. Can't wait for that opportunity....imagine how much money I can make at the expense of the Austalian pilots? Actually on second thoughts that would be immoral so I won't do that, I will support my colleagues.

Last edited by stillgoing; 1st Apr 2013 at 05:56.