PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air for expats
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2013, 03:05
cediazf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dominican. You are right and in the point. Some of these fools writing crap here don't know the facts. The koreans were destroying their own airline and as you and others rightfully say were forced to bring guys from Boeing and Delta in the brink of losing rights to fly to Europe and America. Most asian pilots don't like to fly. They take the job because of the paid training and job security. It is a known fact that they do not produce enough pilots to supply the demand. Other airlines in Asia bring non typed pilots and even provide the type at their own expense in exchange for a training bond. We have other examples in Japan, Taiwan and China. The koreans just save themselves the money by making the expats that they need to pay for their type. Then just provide a quick cheaper re-qualification training and if you are not perfect in everything send you home like in my case. If they were getting enough people with the type they would not bother. I myself got my type at Boeing in Seattle. Maybe some of these clowns writing bs here can recommend a better place. And yes, as stated, several korean pilots have left Kal and more on the way because they can no longer handle the stress. It is as bad at least during training to miss a callout as to boost an altitude. It's ridiculous.