PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2013, 22:39
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
'glad rag' whatever your interest perhaps may explain your level of knowledge and willingness to cut through to a more realistic appraisal of some of the items on this forum thread. I do not have the time to investigate them all - NOR the interest. However my previous NavAv experience (allbeit a long time ago in a galaxy far far away) means that (notwithstanding our RAAF purchase of the F-35A) which usually meant I had no interest whatsoever, the possibility of having F-35Bs on our new LHDs sparked my interest and I'm playing catchup. Yes - now I realise that any 'visiting LHD F-35Bs' will be from the several other countries likely to buy them; and they will only visit our LHDs to get a few VLs and SkiJumps under their belts. I look forward to the videos and detailed public reports.

Being a longstanding civilian today I rely on news reports and not some claimed inside information. There is good and bad. To characterise all the quotes above as being from LM is silly - if you read them - but nevermind. I just expect a few people to bother to look at the entire articles from which only a few selective quotes have been lifted. Anyone can play that game and I'm willing.

And yet... Relying on only a few sources (which may be incorrect - based on old information as pointed out) then it is worthwhile to add to the more recent bunch; if only for the record. People search the internet and find this stuff - which is a good thing. I'm sitting at a computer on the outer western fringes of Sydney Australia. I'm never likely to see an F-35B carry out any ski jumping or other 'running, jumping, standing still' tricks. Oh well... It is interesting nevertheless.

Good luck with your F-35B job lot on the CVFs. Perhaps new innovations will come from the RN FAA (oops forgot the RAF - but hey - any air force is always easily forgettable if you have ever been in the FAA - RAN for the use of).

BTW most of my material is contained in the PDFs I make freely available online - once again your interest will motivate you to download them - or not. Nevermind.

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 31st Mar 2013 at 23:36. Reason: Text correction/addition