PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe axing jobs
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2013, 21:27
Love_joy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a bright post on a forum inhabited by customers and journo's
A fair point, but the current management style of keeping our heads in sand pretending its all not happening has to stop.

As horrible as the current times are, the head count reduction is the first pro-active move from the top we've see in a very long time.

I've just been trawling some of the facts and figures from previously released updates to the city. It is true we've exhausted every excuse in the Excuses for Airline CEO's Handbook, apart from one; "we could have done more". We appear to be focused entirely on revenue per passenger, rather than other metrics. This results in an incorrect pricing profile at the point of booking. One of the biggest complaints I hear from friends, family and our customers.

We should worry about filling the aircraft at every opportunity. An empty seat flown can never be resold, it's gone forever.

That said, we are teetering on the edge between profitability and loss. All is not lost. If we can get our pricing sorted, I'm confident we'll weather this storm.