PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captains interfering with the FO's flying
Old 17th Feb 2003, 07:55
Lucky Angel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a f/o myself but thank god in the company i work for these kind of captains are indeed a minority. The way i coped with it is to folloe SOP's as much as i can unless it is not practicall to do so. When such a situation arises and i have to divert from the sop's i just say "non standard selecting........."
I once had a Captain try to teach me how to do a xwind ldg while i was on final approach(as if i never did one b4 ) .... I pretended i was listening and did my own thing. Then on the next sector i did exacly the same to him and when he turned around and said he knew how to do it. I said so did i and told him that now he knows how i felt when he did it..He apologised and never did it again.

I am a f/o myself but thank god in the company i work for these kind of captains are indeed a minority. The way i coped with it is to folloe SOP's as much as i can unless it is not practicall to do so. When such a situation arises and i have to divert from the sop's i just say "non standard selecting........."
I once had a Captain try to teach me how to do a xwind ldg while i was on final approach(as if i never did one b4 ) .... I pretended i was listening and did my own thing. Then on the next sector i did exacly the same to him and when he turned around and said he knew how to do it. I said so did i and told him that now he knows how i felt when he did it..He apologised and never did it again.

Oh by the way, can you imagine how bad it is when 2 captains fly together LOL