PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talair Baron P2-GKP
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2013, 08:59
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
That section of Balus was based on my research. Memory is getting a bit dim - GKP was a Baron flown by John Fox, a nice mixed race guy. His widow lives on Horn Island. I believe the Health Department staff "a young female nutritionist, was lost with the pilot and four other passengers, including the regional health officer, Tom Gaunede" were passengers on GKP with John.

There is probably an accident report somewhere but from memory the pilot probably ran out of options when the weather closed in and air strips closed in the Milne Bay region. I think he departed from Port Moresby and would not have had fuel to return.

You may have been in Mt Hagen when Baron P2-GKS went missing out of either Mt Hagen or Mendi. A girl was killed during the search when she walked into an Islander propeller at Mt Hagen.

Brian O'Sullivan was working for Douglas, I think as Chief Pilot? He was flying a Nomad at the time of his death in the Goilala region. I don't recall what Mal Hawkes was flying, was it GKS perhaps?

Did you work in the Mt Hagen travel office in town?

Last edited by Torres; 31st Mar 2013 at 09:08.