PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2013, 08:15
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lederhosen
I believe I have an informed opinion
You might as well be right, but the rest of us will find it easier to believe you if you provide information on which your informed opinion is based. Plausible, if possible.

Originally Posted by lederrhosen
Most of what is posted is opinion.
True. Some substantiated, some not.

as a professional pilot I consider the man machine interface in the Airbus to be different from conventional aircraft (fact)
Fact is that you consider it to be so. Fact is the manual mentions difference between Airbus and "conventional" aircraft very seldom and then emphasizes difference is not radical. Fact is the pilot who fly their buses IAW manuals tend to perform successful flights so while it might be issue for unduly biased, so far no articulated and well supported argument that it represents safety issue has been made.

BTW, since my A319/20 FCOM hasn't been updated since NOV 2008, only thing I could find about direct law in it bears only insignificant resemblance to what you posted. It is entirely possible things have changed radically since I departed the bus.

Airbus say it is so and and frankly it is hardly a blinding insight.
Quote?

I have hypothesized about the role this played in some recent incidents/accidents (opinion).
I appreciate that.