PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 31st Mar 2013, 07:36
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4dogs and scrubba look what you’ve started!

Kharon:
Should this ever be proven not even 'he must not named', he hoodoo voodoo behind the scenes cannot hide from the wrath of the people who have had the Mickey Bliss taken for a number of years now.
I agree “K” much like the evil emperor of Star Wars fame who relies on his able Lieutenant Darth Vader to enforce the ways of the darkside so too is the influence of ‘he who must not be named’. Remember this is the man who believes that the MOU was designed for the convenience of FF to exploit and cover up their failings….

I was very closely involved in the development of the MOU and the situation that preceded it. If I could just say something that might put some context for both Senator Fawcett's question and Mr McCormick's answer, it might help a bit. Firstly, the rationale for the new MOU was to create an environment in which, if I may put it this way, as much information as appropriate could be exchanged between the agencies. The motivating factor at the time had far less to do with any concerns on the part of the ATSB with information CASA was not providing to them but rather information that the ATSB in the past had not provided to CASA (from 15/02/2013 AAI inquiry Hansard).

After all who do you think has been writing and proving all the AQONs, MOUs, DAS retraction letters, regs etc for all these years, certainly not the DAS or his predecessors??
Stick to your research Sarcs – develop that time line and all will become apparent in due course.
Okay that I can handle, as I’m really not much for conspiracies but there certainly is a chasm of dark unexplained murk and corruption mixed up in this lot.

So timeline.. 21st July 2010 ‘CAIR 09/3’ completed and presumably forwarded to the ATSB as per section 32 of the TSI Act. This report didn’t mention virtually anything about the FF deficiencies in oversight as highlighted by the SAR and the FRMS SAR. However 12 days later on the 1st August 2010 the ‘PELAIR-OVERSIGHT (“The Chambers”) REPORT’ is released to the DAS. Then to really throw a spanner amongst the works on the 30th September 2010 the Senate announces the ‘Pilot Training Inquiry’....

Kind of puts a new light on stuff that was stated and answered in that inquiry, here’s an example from the next paragraph down from Kharon’s earlier quote from the 25/02/2011 hansard (my blue thought bubbles):
Mr McCormick 25/02/2011 pg 115 – “Of course, we investigate for different reasons. I am certain—and I will speak slightly for Mr Dolan (DAS thought bubble: …so pay attention Mr Dolan as I have a message for you!)—he most probably said they do not appropriate blame or look for those sorts of issues.

We are not necessarily looking for someone to take action on (DAS thought bubble: …but we are actually doing that as it is all part of the smoke and mirrors to avert attention from our own failings in oversight and hence potential liability!), but we are looking more at what it means for the industry and what has happened here. Perhaps over a year ago, there was an unfortunate incident off Norfolk Island where an aeroplane was ditched. We actually started our activities and our action much sooner than we would have if we had not had that MOU in place (DAS thought bubble: …we now have the perfect mechanism in place to circumvent any unwanted interference and close scrutiny from the ATSB, whereas before the ATSB already had the jump on us).

We are moving to get to a result and an understanding much quicker while the ATSB naturally takes its due process (DAS thought bubble: …so Mr Dolan fair warning we need you to sign on the virtual dotted line and come across to the darkside and take up our mantra that it was all the pilot’s fault and there is.. “nothing to see here!”).”
Okay well back to my timeline and doing a Kelpie i.e. back in my box!

OK Sunny which acronyms are you having trouble with?? DAS= Director of Aviation Safety, FF= Fort Fumble, AQON= answer to question on notice, SAR= Special Audit Report, FRMS= fatigue risk management system, CAIR= CASA Accident Investigation Report, CSI= critical safety issue, SR= safety recommendation or maybe AAI= Aviation Accident Investigations (the name of the inquiry). Hope that helps??

Last edited by Sarcs; 31st Mar 2013 at 10:21.