PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Blue Queenstown incident
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2013, 23:21
monkou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Framer framed

Yes Framer I am suggesting SOPS & OPS be thrown out the window but I doubt there is one big enough on anything commercially built. What have they ever contributed other than the demise of millions of trees. We have the AIP and Approach Charts, the Captain has a medical & a ATPL and has studied Air Transport Aviation Law. All this other stuff in ring binders is garbage designed by people who should be in politics/bureaucracy - preferably somewhere else but not here. The buck stops with the Captain's/Crew's decision based upon their experience and situation/conditions on the day. I am sick & tired of shiny bums dictating how to fly when they can't. We don't need all this other garbage which keeps the non contributing sector in a job riding the coat tails of productive people. How we ever allowed all this BS to creep in is beyond me. Must have happened while we were out flying - you know carrying the passengers who pay the money who pay for the fuel and engineers and repayments to the bank and all that stuff the industry of parasites has never seen let alone lost sight of. The paper shuffling brigade have never and never will add anything to flight safety, if anything they make the job harder by there constant amendments to the ring binder - just how much space do you think the average human has in their hard drive for this crap. The job is only complicated because of the fine print the paper shufflers constantly vomit. Don't we see it all the time - the paper shufflers have had a dream on the weekend and come monday none of us is any longer qualified or experienced enough to continue doing what we've been doing for the past 30 plus years - better go and do a course on this or that - it's policy, in the ops manual,SOPs -give me a break. This industry is the worse for the paper - just wish they made it out of tissue so it could be used before I flush.